Tuesday 22 April 2014

Day 5 : Flight 8 Apr 17th LAX-MCO American Airlines 07.50


Day 5 : Flight 8 LAX-MCO American Airlines 07.50
Aircraft: Boeing 757
Class: First
Distance: 2210 miles
Tier points: 210

Apologies for the lack of regular updates, The AA wifi was not on any of my recent flights and I've been taken up in keeping up with the office back home and sorting out holiday logistics. 


I headed for the Admirals Club in LAX where I treated myself to a shower. Extremely refreshing and the shower was very clean, although the thermostat was all over the place and did not hold a constant temperature (My GF designs shower thermostats for her job, she would have been mad with the fluctuations!).

My head stings when I shower, I take a look in the mirror and find that due to my recent grade 2 haircut I have sunburn perfectly aligned with my hairline that I applied sun cream up to. Note to self, sun cream whole head from now on.

After the shower I have a cup of coffee and a croissant in the Admirals Lounge, I also make a call to EE as my phone has been blocked from the network for excessive use!

Boarding goes without issue, I’m sat next to a chap who is talking to the guys in the seat in front, they are super loud and have huge charisma, the flight crew are also making a big deal of them and it turns out they are the Fox UFC presenters (some chap called Joe Rogan)and a chap from the Soprano’s. They weren’t keen on chatting so I left them to it. 



Breakfast was a bacon quiche which was very tasty. No wifi on the flight and I could not sleep at all so I just blasted through some Calvin Harris and David Guetta.

LAX-MCO is about 4.5 hours and you certainly get an appreciation of how vast the USA is, most of the flight is spent crossing largely uninhabited stretches of land.

As we approached Orlando my stamina was flagging a little bit, the next flight is a short one so I figured that it would be bearable. 2 flights to get through today and I can have a sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment