Friday 18 April 2014

Day 3 Apr 15th JFK Despair in the departure lounge

I teamed up with the GGL member from flyertalk (from now on he’s flyertalkbuddy) to make our way across terminals at JFK to our next flight with American Airlines, as we are on the same itinerary through to Honalulu. We’d only been given boarding passes to JFK so after making our way into the AA terminal we headed for the Priority check in and then had our boarding passes.



Security is super tight in JFK, more so than in Europe, everyone was getting a full body scan and unless your under 12 or over 75 your shoes have to go through the x-ray machine along with hand luggage – interestingly they don’t make you remove the liquids from your hand luggage, and I didn’t see any signs to indicate restrictions on carrying liquid.

Once through security we headed towards to Admirals Lounge, you don’t get access to this by traveling domestic First Class but Oneworld Sapphire and Emerald members get access by showing their card with their boarding pass. Flyertalk buddy is an Emerald and I’m a sapphire through an Amex card so we are both good for access (I think Emeralds can also guest someone in).
We got to the lounge and Flyertalkbuddy realises he has lost his wallet when he goes to present his lounge card. He asks the lady at the Admirals Club lounge if she could help and she puts a call through to BA to ask them to search his seat on BA001, while he goes back to security to check if he dropped it around the x-ray machines.

I wait at the lounge and a call comes in that BA have found his wallet on his seat, the Lounge Angel tells me they have it but he’s going to have to go back to the BA desk to collect it and he’ll miss his flight. I go to grab him from the security point and she goes to work in booking him into the next flight to LAX which was only an hour later.


I find him and at this point we part company as I go to board the original flight to LAX, my head is still pounding from the previous flight and I’ve got another 6 hours to go to LA!

No comments:

Post a Comment