Friday 18 April 2014

Day 4: Apr 16th 9 hours in Hawaii


I had about 9 hours until my next flight back to LA. I took the opportunity to take a walk long Waikiki beach for a couple of hours. My first time in Hawaii and it was a pretty awesome sight. It’s a bit like an American version of Majorca.

The beach is full of every type of person with surf lessons, paddle boarding and boat cruises and just behind the beach is a super modern shopping precinct.
I walk from the hotel past the aquarium and found a war memorial which was in disrepair.
I meet flyertalkbuddy back at the hotel and he’s settled down to a beer and a snack and settled right in. He’s got a week in paradise.

Quick dip in the sea and what looked like 3 F35’s took off from the airport with afterburners blazing right along Waikiki beach. Might have been F22’s but I’m sure that they were single engine. Either way a great experience.




Quick pint of local beer with flyertalkguy in a nice bar/eatery called goofy’s and I’m off to catch my airport shuttle. Nip into the Admirals Club at HNL and have some soup and I’m shattered, really need to catch up on some sleep. At this point I’m at a low point, the thought “why did I do this” is at the front of my thoughts.

I've got 4 flights in 20 hours now worth a total of 520 Tier Points. 

No comments:

Post a Comment