Sunday 27 April 2014

Day 13 : Flight 13 Apr 25th LAX-HNL American Airlines 16.30



Day 13 : Flight 13 LAX-HNL American Airlines 16.30

Aircraft: Boeing 757
Class: First
Distance: 2550 miles
Tier points: 210

There’s just under an hour until my next flight, the gate for the flight to HNL is right next to the flight from MIA.
Just enough time to use the bathroom and then boarding is underway.
I’m seated next to a chap who seems pretty well oiled with alcohol and is keen to chat. He’s got his own marketing company and he goes out to Honalulu once a month to consult with a client out there, he’s making it a long weekend so he can do some surfing before spending Monday and Tuesday with the client. Pretty nice perk of his job!

I’ve also noticed on AA that they have a little procedure when the captain needs the bathroom. The fasten seat belt sign will go on and then they will block the galley with a drinks trolley and stand looking down the cabin while a member of the flight deck comes out for the bathroom. I’ve been ordered back down to my seat while this was happening on a previous trip with a fair degree of urgency (and it’s quite normal on AA for passengers to use the bathroom while the seat belt sign is on).

Dinner is a salad and a mushroom dish. Nothing to write home about. I have a pretty good chat to the passenger next to me, the flight crew are especially hospitable on this flight. I generally find AA flight attendants fantastic.

Descending into HNL you get to see the US military base with some C17’s, Galaxy’s, refuelers and some F22’s right next to the civilian airport.



Straight out of the terminal and I’ve checked into the Best Western airport hotel, there’s a free shuttle that you call in the arrivals lounge. I’m sure the distance is walkable but I’ve no idea how you get there and my phone is still blocked from the network.
I applied for a Best Western status match to my Hilton status before I left and being a BW diamond got me a nice big corner room on the top floor and a welcome bag with bottle of water and some chocolate. The view in the morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment