Saturday 4 March 2017

Trip 2 Flight 9 Day 6 MIA-SJU 19.15

Day 6 MIA-SJU 19.15
Class: Business
Boeing 737
Tier Points: 40
I have a few hours in MIA and have experienced the terrible Admirals club around gate D. Apparently there is a ‘premium lounge’ near gate E so I trek on over. I take the sky train and it’s about a 20 minute transit from D8 to the premium lounge.
It’s designed for BA flights and the food is pretty decent, salad, some meat and cheese lots of fruit, premium spirits etc.
As I arrive Ronaldo scores a penalty to make it 4-1 on the Champions League final.
After my experience of landing late in STT last time and feeling incredibly unsafe I phoned up my hotel in San Juan to ask about the Taxi situation at the airport and if it was safe to just get a cab at the stand, they told me it was fine.
It’s my first AA 737 experience. The first cabin seats are identical to the 757.
The flight leaves on time, dinner is not edible, some sort of chicken and cheese. I literally don’t know how they got chicken tasting so bad and they drizzled some disgusting sauce all over the salad, almost spewed at just the smell.
If there’s one thing that I’ve learned about plane food its keep it simple. You can mess up a bare salad and fruit, and if your going to serve a main meal just keep it to simple plain foods, every attempt at gravy, sauce, cheese or dressing renders the dish inedible.
The chap next to me in a resident of Puerto Rico and clarifies to me the situation that he is a US citizen but Puerto Rico is not a state of the USA, they don’t get to vote in US presidential elections and return their own government. He explains there’s a movement in the country to become an official state of the USA.

As we come in to land is SJU its much bigger and much more developed than I expected. It looks like quite an interesting place.

We land, it’s a proper airport, unlike STT, and I get a taxi. Some locals push in straight to the front of the taxi line and this seems to be normal. The taxi guys give me a piece of paper with the fair to my hotel already agreed and $18 and 10 minutes later I arrive at the Doubletree.

Again a local lady pushes to the front of the queue at check in, and again it seems to be fine with the staff!

I get checked in, the hotel is really nice, and its time for bed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment