Saturday 4 March 2017

Trip 2 Flight 13 Day 14 HNL-LAX 20.45

Day 14 LAX-HNL 20.45
Class: First
Boeing 757
Tier Points: 210
After a fabulous week in Hawaii it’s time to bid a slightly emotional farewell to HNL, it’s my 8th time through the airport in 5 weeks. It’s always a treat to wander through the open air causeways from gates to terminal here and feel the tropical heat and smell the aviation fuel.
I drop my girlfriend off at the best western plaza airport hotel (she is flying first thing tomorrow) and  drop the car off. I must give a huge recommendation to Atlas Choice car hire, they were super cheap in both Miami and here in Honolulu and although off airport the service both times was flawless.

I’m ready to complete the adventure and am quite happy with the fact that there are only 6 flights left to go.
I check in and head through to the Admirals club where I have a Budweiser before the flight. I don’t have a lot of time. Again the lounge here is pretty basic.

We board on time, it’s a full flight and everyone boarding looks a little run down.

I can’t face any more AA pizza so I turn down the offer of a meal, deploy the travel pillow and get myself off to sleep. The 757 is not the most comfortable place to rest but I manage a pretty solid sleep all the way through to 40 minutes until landing.

5 to go…

No comments:

Post a Comment