Saturday 4 March 2017

Trip 2 Flight 15 Day 15 21.45

Day 15 JFK-LCY 21.45
Class: Business
Airbus A318
Tier Points: 210

I have a 6 our layover in JFK. It’s a really nice day in NYC and I think about dropping my bag off and heading into the city to do some tourism but realistically I’ve got a monster of a journey still ahead of me and I’d only get 2 good hours in the city before needing to turn around back to the airport.
I head on through to the BA first class lounge. I take a shower then I boot up and get caught up on emails and work. The showers in LAX are much nicer than here. In fact I’ve only been to the BA lounges in JFK twice and both times the toilets have been like a war zone. Paper towels over the floor, urine around the floor of the urinals and contact lens cases and glasses from the lounge next to the washbasins. Does anyone ever clean the toilets?

After a couple of productive hours I make my way to the pre flight dining section of the lounge and get tucked into a very nice spicy Korean beef dish, after a couple of large glasses of wine I’m also a bit tipsy. I finish off with some delicious Brie from the cheese board, a really nice meal.

Its eventually time to board. I’m in row 6 next to the window. My plan was to sleep through this flight but I’ve overdosed on sleep today already and as we get settled in the air I find myself copltely unable to sleep. I put on some music and after about 2 hours I eventually drift off into a very broken sleep.
I wake up with 2 and a half hours to landing, take a quick toilet break whilst trying not to wake my seat partner as I climb over. It’s a pretty full flight – 30 people out of 32 Max – and everyone’s tucked up in bed.
I can’t go back to sleep and the flight crew start squirriling around making breakfast preparations.
Anyone who knows me will understand that I’m only ever up early for Christmas day, well this year we can add June 2nd to the calendar. It’s 8am UK and the flight attendant notices me awake and offers me breakfast. It’s a fruit bowl followed by a full English and a croissant and was a very decent attempt at 38,000ft.

The rest of the passengers slowly wake up, I must praise the flight crew on how discretely they serve the breakfast being very considerate of those still sleeping.
As more and more people wake the windows of the plane start to open and dark turns to light as the white clouds reflect light into the cabin from outside.

The captain informs us that we will be landing 15 minutes early, all seats to upright and we are heading into LCY.

No comments:

Post a Comment