Saturday 4 March 2017

Trip 2 Flight 12 Day 7 LAX-HNL 18.20

Day 7 LAX-HNL 18.20
Class: First
Boeing 757
Tier Points: 210
AA connections in LAX have been fantastic and again they this one is smooth as silk. Departure gate is next to the arrival flight, I have about an hour to go to the Admirals club and help myself to a bottle of Evian and some hot buffet in the flagship lounge which again is about as densely populated as the moon. Evian and Airbus in American Airlines, the French are doing well here!
I board the flight and for the first time all trip there are 3 spare seats in First. A chap sits next to me with an AA lanyard on and we get chatting. He’s ground crew in Arkansas and is going to Honolulu for a date for 24 hours only, and I thought I was hardcore!

I am unable to get settled on the flight despite feeling quite run down, I turn down the offer of food and stick to water and shuffle through 3 discs of definitely maybe ‘remastered’. Nice to see the white label demo version of Columbia on there.
The flight drags on and on and I catch up on writing this blog, which I’ve been very lazy with.
Eventually we land, it’s dark. Straight through HNL to baggage claim where I find my girlfriend who was on the flight before me. We managed to logistically connect my flights from SJU and hers from LHR to end up in HNL within an hour and a half of each other, with her flights on avios points to boot!

Quick shuttle to dollar car rental to pick up an convertible mustang and then we are on our way to the Marriott Waikiki for a week.

At this stage I’m ready for bed but I must say the very subtle difference in spacing of the flights on this trip has left me in much better shape than round 1. I think turning around same day in Honolulu last time to go to the Caribbean was a massive error.

No comments:

Post a Comment