Sunday 1 June 2014

Trip 2, Day 2: Flight 3 May 20th 16.00 HEL-LHR



Day 2 HEL-LHR 16.00
Airbus A321
Club Europe
Tier Points:  80

I have a 5 hour layover in HEL, it’s a lovely day and a shame to stay in the airport but I have some work to attend to so stay air side and head down to the new Finnair lounge at gate 36. It’s a lovely lounge, the food was a bit iffy (good salad bar, little else). Helsinki airport has free wifi everwhere for everyone, brilliant.

A very productive few hours of work later and it’s time to board the next flight.

I’ve been ticketed into seat 1C which is the worst seat I’ve ever had on a plane, it’s the front seat in the aisle and looks straight into the galley and all manner of cupboards and cloak rooms open up into your feet. People boarding also drag their luggage straight into you.

Luckily 1A is not occupied so I shift over.



A butternut squash curry is served which is passable and I pop out the travel pillow and get some sleep.
We land on time at LHR and I meet a university friend who I’ve not seen for 7 years, he saw my facebook status and messaged me saying he was working in T2 stress testing it before it opens.
We meet at the arrivals gate and head into London for a drink and catchup.


After some food I take the tube/DLR to city airport travel lodge (and remember to touch out my Oyster card this time!)


BA001 tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment