Thursday 6 April 2017

Day 6 1st April 2017

Day 6 1st April 2017
Mid trip round up.

This trip will should see me to Gold. All of the sectors booked add up to 1760 Tier points with 1500 being the qualification for Gold. You need 4 sectors booked either on BA metal or as a BA codeshare which I’ve already got in.

As I land in HKG that’s 880 Tier points in the bag and around 20,000 avios.

I’ll take this opportunity to cost up the trip and put into perspective what it takes to get to gold these days.

You can certainly still do it cheaper than this but my main criteria was actually getting to places that I needed or wanted to be as opposed to just flying around, I’ve routed through as many long distance pairs as possible on this trip and put in a return to Tallinn at the start and end to take advantage of physically needing to be at heathrow to start and end the trip but I’d have been in Shanghai and Hong Kong on some kind of ticket regardless of tier points.

Total flight costs for the trip:
LHR-HEL-PVG £1329
LHR-HEL-TLL-HEL-LHR £230  x 2 = £460
PVG-KUL-BOM-KUL-PVG = £552
BOM-KUL-HKG-KUL-BOM = £686

Total cost of flights = £3027. I actually had a £150 discount from Amex for this so the cost worked out at £2877 for 1760 Tier points. £1.63 per tier point which is pretty good if you need to be somewhere anyway.


The trip will also generate around 40,000 avios which I’d value at between £200-300 conservatively. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Will, how did you book the LHR-HEL-TLL-HEL-LHR for 230GBP?
    I only seem to find this type price for return in Business when flying direct only.

    ReplyDelete